Monday, June 14, 2010

My Life is Normal Because...

1.) I Say thank you to my septic.
Its a good omen sort of thing. The resort plumbin system is.... gifted. (actually right now as I write it I am getting anxiety about maybe making the septic mad... and thinking about maybe erasing all this info to keep it happy)
But I have found, like most important things in life to use the Golden Rule even with my septic system. You be nice to it, it will be nice to you.
... So thank you dear septic friend. Thank you for all your hardwork, dedication, and determination during this resort season. I wish that there will only be easy days ahead of you and no pack of pencils, white mice, or t-shirts in your future. Your best friend and admirer.... Me.

2.) My last duty at the end of my day is to take out the pails of fish guts.
Our fish cleaning house or as we call it "ye ol fish haus" has character! It is a true old fashioned bonafied fish cleaning house. What does this mean? This means, yes. There is running water. But yes. there is also an old holding tank that only allows water. So this means that all of the great fish that are caught and fileted leave their remains in a bucket for me to get rid of every evening. I told Kathrine this evening as we were spraying down the buckets and hauling the remains up to the dumpster, "just think. You will probably never have another job like this! Where else can you put this on your resume... I know how to clean out a fish cleaning house. And just think! When you meet the love of your life he will be so amazed at how awesome you are when you can get all dressed up and look like a princess but can still get down and dirty with some fish guts!"
I believe she did not share my enthusiasm....

3.) At 6 o'clock sharp I close my office. I walk next door to my home and shut the curtains,and lock by door to finally get some "peace and quiet." I don't answer my door after that. I only answer my cell phone.

4.)I get to hear people say.... we are going to need more toilet paper up top. We have four men that have eaten lots of fish.

...HELLO! Like I need to know the details!!!

5.) I get to do what I love, though it may be stressful. I get to work with my family. Live on the lake. Meet new people. And carry on tradition. Of course this is my normal. And I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment