Saturday, June 12, 2010

I got paid in doughnuts!

This morning was rough.
Last night was Jake's sister-in-law's 40th surprise birthday party. I had no idea that it was going to be "as fun" as it was! And I mean "as fun" in a way in which I didn't know I was going to be enjoying so many birthday shots with the birthday girl and the family! Ufffffddddaaaaa!
So needless to say this morning rolled around way to early and way to quick.
Most of the guests this morning did not make checkout time. But of all mornings I guess it worked in my favor to be running a little slow.
It is a full week at the resort. FULL! And we have all new guests this week which is always exciting! This way I get to share the resort and this special place with new people and get to meet some new "friends." But this also means that I am opening myself to some new "interesting guests."
Ones that really make you work, lets say. I have one of those this week. I've been running around with my hair on fire finding spatula's, potato peelers, smoke detectors, trying to explain what certain things are, trying to bull***** my way through letting them know where the hot spots are for fishing. I'm exhausted! Whew.....
But just when I thought I couldn't run anymore today, cabin #10 checked in. It is a group of 4 retired couples from Iowa. I love them. I don't know how to say it any other way than that. They go beyond making up for a certain other cabin in their jokes, kindness, and excitement. I have already been nicknamed "babe" by my now friend "goober" (the older gentleman that prefers to call people by nicknames.... and likes to be called goober?)
They had a few items they needed help with, like unloading and fixing light bulbs and I had no problem in hiding up in their cabin for awhile to avoid #6 but to my surprise after helping them out I was paid in homemade doughnuts!
It just might be one of the best tips I have ever received!

No comments:

Post a Comment