Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Whew...


The weather man was actually right today. He said there was suppose to be rain and he was sure right! It rained, and rained, and rained! So much so that now in front of the beach there is another lake?
I always like when it rains during the "busy season." It gives me a chance to catch up on things that I some how neglected during the sunny days and oddly enough it gives me the kick in the butt to try new things! And that is exactly what happend today.
While the constant pitter patter of rain hit my roof I pondered up what I was going to attempt to make for supper. Now this might not seem like something of great importance, but coming from me, this is HUGE! Actually Jake noted that in our near 3 years we have been together I have cooked supper a possible 4 times! So see, this is a big deal!
So I sat and watched the splashes of rain on the lake and thought to myself...."I've always wanted a panini machine!" So that is what I got. I drove through the wind and rain all the way across town to Walmart, got myself a sweet little panini machine (along with some paint and other resort items) and the grabbed what ever looked fitting off the grocery store shelves.
I tried to keep supper a secret becuase I knew that this just might be something to knock Jake's socks off, either that or give him the worst indegestion, but non the less... I made supper!!
So my new found family of Jake, Kathrine, and myself dined on spicy pork loin paninis. Complete with peach marmalade, brie cheese, garlic butter and red peppers. Sounds horrific, but I think it went over ok! Or they were just being nice?
So that was my day. Contemplating my divine meal... and finishing up quarterly sales taxes. Fun, I know!

Now I am on my way to relax... as if my day hasn't already consist of just that. But the weather is perfect for sleeping and that is just what I am going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment