Monday, July 13, 2009

Jumping Point...


I call this my jumping point only because this is how I relate things now; living on the lake. It is like when you run down the dock to jump into the cold water and it is that quick second before you hit the water where you know that it is going to be exciting... a rush more or less. This is how I feel.
My dear friend.. no, I will say my sister and I, took a vow to document our lives for the next year. A sort of way to stay in touch, with words and thoughts and the idea of sharing a photo a day in representation of how we come to feel. So this is where I start. The begining. The jumping point... full speed ahead, holding my breath and going for it.... with hopes in ending in an awesome cannon ball!

So this is where it stars. Its a quiet night here at the resort, which is actually pretty remarkable giving the circumstances. We have a group of well... very unique individuals. I'm not saying by any means that it is okay to pass judgement... but they are of a different breed. The first night that they were here consisted of shooting off fireworks maybe 20 feet from my bedroom window while yelling in drunken tones, "woo hoo now lets have some weiners!!!" I knew it was going to be quite a week. But for only their third night here.. things are considerably... quiet. Now I better go knock on wood.

So if you don't know me, I live at a resort. My family has had it for the past 12+ years. And already this is my 5th summer of being the manager. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would be well-practiced in plumbing, electrical work, snow plowing, and cleaning... but I would like to think that I am now! And I am proud of that! It took me alot of exploring and self searching to realize that I wanted nothing more that to be here, helping out my family business and enjoying the unique life that resort life offers.

So I am here, in little Frazee America, home of the world's largest turkey with my wonderful boyfriend Jake and my puppy... well... my extremely long, loud, and loveable dog Berkley... and I wouldn't have it any other way!




No comments:

Post a Comment