Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Where did this weekened go?




So I guess I am apparently not good at writing on the weekends. Saturday's are always hectic and Sundays are usually my sneak away and do something interesting sort of days..... And well Monday... who are we kidding, that snuck by and before I knew I could look at a clock it was already 10 at night!
And so this is how the weekend goes generally for every week of the summer, and now I am in shock because it is already towards the end of July! HOLY BUCKETS!

Saturday I spent most my morning and afternoon chasing my tail trying to get the cabins ready for the next guests. Our check out is at 10am and then check in for the new guys is at 2 pm, so it is a lot of hustle and bustle for those 4 hours! And this Saturday seemed extra trying because some of... well... who am I kidding... all of the guests this past weekend left their cabins in the worst shape imaginable! I swear some people must be born in a barn with out any ideas what the word "manners" or "clean" mean! Have you ever seen a sub sandwich smashed into a wall? Or perhaps have you ever heard of throwing all your drinking glasses into the fire pit? I know about throwing plates from my greek friends back home, but I don't think this counts! Or perhaps have you ever heard of taking your dining room chair and throwing it off the dock into the great blue lake?
Yeah! Me neither! And that is just SOME of the stuff I had to deal with on Saturday...
But we got through it with smiles on our faces (mainly for the new guests because I had some choice words I was feeling like I should be saying) and we got everyone new checked in for the week.
I forgot how nice it is to be able to hear the lake and have peace and quiet at night! This week is awesome already!
Then on Sunday we made our yearly attendance at the Water Carnival Parade in Detroit Lakes! I love this parade, even that no matter what I always leave the 2 hour parade sunburned, sweaty, and stinky, I wouldn't miss it for anything!
This year we timed it right so we could have lunch on the lake, and then watch the parade from down on the beach. It was perfect. We even got to see the new senetor of MN rocking out singing oldies on the back of a flat bed truck! I tell you what! Minnesotans know how to have fun!
After the parade we went over to Jake's moms for a picnic. It was a quiet night spent outside, which was perfect. We ate too much and played kickball until our ankles hurt! Or maybe just mine did... I always forgot tennis shoes!

Monday morning brought rain and more rain, along with some loud thunder storms and lightening. My electricity went out, and again there is another lake in front of my beach! So needless to say it was a quiet day around the resort.
I was a little nervous yesterday because at 11:30 I was scheduled to talk with Jim Ferguson of Outdoor Trails for a talk radio show about the resort. It is heard by 80,000 people or something crazy like that! I had this great idea of talking in my "authentic Minnesota accent" and telling him he should call me crappie Kellie... (not crapy like poopy! But crappie like the fish!) But those great ambitions went out the door as soon as he had me do my voice check and count down from
5
4
3
2
1
And we're live with Kellie Dodds!
Yeah! This is where I paniced! It was a great experience. I hope those 80,000 plus listeners don't fall asleep when I hit the radio waves later this week....

After my radio debut... Jake took me out to lunch at the Palace Cafe in Frazee. You rarely see more than 15 people in town at one time, but I sware when ever you walk into the Palace at the noon hour everyone and their brother was there! And yesterday their special of the day was tator tot hotdish! I laughed becuase only in MN is this a special that you can get at a public place! Usually this is something you get at your grandma's or a funeral. But I got it!! And I enjoyed every last tator tot it had to offer.

After the office was closed I ended my day sitting on a dock watching the sunset. It couldn't have been more beautiful! I love nights like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment