Thursday, July 16, 2009

A cool crisp 50 degrees!




It's another quiet and cold day at Eagle Lake. The high of the day....55 degrees! You know it must be cold because even the fisherman aren't out for the afternoon. To top that off, Charlie was at the Loon's Nest for afternoon pie, not out trying to catch the 40lb. walleye, so it must be cold! (really though, we all know the routine... pie and coffee for 99 cents! Even a beautiful day of fishing can't top that!)

So today is one of those days where you wake up knowing that something is going to take place. Something that is neither good nor bad. But something that is going to take your attention and shed light on a new way of seeing things, no, better yet, a new way of feeling about things.

It started out this morning when I saw two little girls out swimming in the lake. It couldn't have been but 50 degrees outside but that didn't stop them from enjoying their vacation. I went out and asked them, "aren't you cold?" And they replied... "No! We're strong!"

I giggled to myself, thinking "yeah, I guess your right! I sure as heck wouldn't try to swim in this weather!"
Throughout the day the same word of "strong" kept re appearing into my mind with certain things that were taking place.
Simple words lead to show a strong character of wanting to be heard.
An ear to listen for a troubled friend gave strength to someone who needed it.
The determination and stamina of someone training to do something great and new reminded me of inner strength...

And I was in awe of all the amazing people and things taking place around me!
I love being able to sit back and just watch people and their reactions. I like to take it in, absorb the feelings, and learn as much as I can from what is going on. I guess I've always been a visual learner.

But today I learned no matter how small something seems or how big something can seem... we all have to dig deep within to find a little thing called "Strength" to pull us through or to show us that we CAN do the things we thought we never would.

Now for myself, the only thing I had to use strength to do today was to hold myself back from not eating 2 slices of pie at the Loon's Nest. That is what you call real strength!!

Tonight I am off to watch the mighty Muskies battle their last night of games in Perham! Always a great time. Hopefully it will stay above freezing for the games!
GO MUSKIES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment