Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yeah! I did that!











The day started out slow, another quiet morning on the lake. I like working in the mornings because everyone here is on vacation so they all sleep in which gives me some quiet time to catch up in the office and pound a pot or so of coffee...(really it is vital that I do so though... I guess word on the street is I get pretty "testy" without coffee in the a.m.) Most of the day was spent looking for my phone. I lost it on Saturday and still have not found it. I think I have covered every square inch of the resort and yet no sign. I am just short of making wanted posters and hanging them on all the cabins. But, that probably isn't a good idea.



After everyone had headed home for the night it was a perfect time and temp for a walk around the lake, and I think I owe it to Berkley... he has been sitting in the house for the past few days just itching to get out and burn some energy, I can say this only because if at any chance a door or window was open he was finding a way to jump out and find his freedom! So I packed up the pup and headed out. We walked along lake road into the back woods and back through the city park, there wasn't a soul to be seen except for Stan and Wilma (some resort friends) out taking their cocktail cruise around the lake.

So we walked and walked and then after our hard work we ended up in the lake taking in the pretty evening.

When I got back home I was shocked to find that Kathrine and Caitlin had made me supper and a special after dinner treat! They said they felt bad that my phone went missing and wanted to do something to cheer me up. It was awesome! I joked that now Jake might leave me becuase two new girls were in the kitchen cooking! Which as you all know I don't do too much of!
But I ate way too much! But so worth every last bite!
After supper Kathrine and I attempted quite the feat. See, last week at the softball games (go Muskies!) One of the players was showing us, post game, how to rip a phone book in half. So while we sat stuffed with ice cream and brownies we found ourselves staring the ol' phone book in the face. We had to see if it was in deed possible!
And guess what? We totally own that book! We ripped that thing in half like it was no ones business!
I will gladly rip one and autograph it for anyone who would like.
Needless to say, it was funny! And we laughed hard!
Another great night spent laughing and enjoying great company in the beautiful summer air!

No comments:

Post a Comment