Monday, July 26, 2010

Just a few things...

I have skipped a few days here and there on what has been happening around here.

Its been busy!
Busy resort week.
Busy weekend turnover.
Turkey Days!!
Art in the Park!
Flea Market!!
Baby Showers!

UFFDA!!!!!

Lets start at the beginning.
Last week at the resort was busy. Not where I couldn't handle it, but it was just a busy week of making sure everything was in working order, and not flooding... (yes we got MORE RAIN!), making sure no one at the resort got sucked up in a funnel cloud... (yes! We had 3 tornados hit around the resort!!). It was just busy.
Then to add to the list of excitment.. it was Turkey Days!
Frazee is home to the world's largest turkey! And every year there is a celebration in honor of this magnificant animal! This year was different though. The weather got in the way and we got rained out for the street dance. But... just like the past 6 years I entered another flower piece in the Turkey Days Flower Show... and this year...
I WON FIRST PLACE!!!!
(and yes! I have the blue ribbon to prove it!) I've waited 6 years for this exciting moment!
Yeah...ok... I'm tooting my own horn.

I woke up Sunday morning with the intention of having a wonderful day of leisure.. and that is exactly what I did.
I woke up early (well earlier than usual) and went to the flea market. I took Lola...(my puppy recently purchased at the flea market) with me and we spent the morning walking around looking at things and she basked in the love that every possible human gave her.
We continued on to the art in the park in Detroit Lakes where we met my mom. It was a great afternoon of doing nothing but walking around, talking, and enjoying the scenery. I needed it!

After that we continued on into Frazee to watch the Turkey Days Parade. It was shorter this year than most. It only lasted an hour and fifeteen minutes. But it sure was hot! Holy Hannah!
... then we ended up at my dear friend Jenny's baby shower and celebrated little baby Ava's upcoming arrival! I get to be an auntie three times within the year!
I'm so lucky!

But today took the cake!
My sister Kathrine talked me into doing something that I have never done before!!! She talked me into bathing in the lake.
Yes! It sounds crazy! And sure I felt a little goofy sudsing up my hair in front of a handful of strangers.... but it was awesome! Not to mention that it was my first time in the lake all summer! It was perfect.
Thanks Kathrine for getting my butt back into summer gear!
... ***Editor's Note..... swimsuits were worn during our lake bath! No worries!

And that is my weekend in review.

No comments:

Post a Comment