Monday, July 12, 2010

Dragonflies look like helicopters

This weekend I have gained a new lease on life.
Although I didn't want to admit it, I was stressed. I'm not complaining that my job is overly stressful. Because while at times it is, lets be real. Its not. But if you know me, you know that I like to worry myself sick. I like to take everything on by myself and absorb the stress of doing so. I am too much of a stubborn irish gal to ask for help. And then I worry, and work, and stress, until I hit a breaking point.
... I did.
But like everything, things solve themselves and I was able to sneak away for a couple days.
Jake, Berkley, Lola, and I packed the Jeep up Friday night and headed up to Lake of the Woods to go to the new resort for their grand opening. My parents bought another resort on Rainy River and I hadn't been up yet since it had opened, so it worked out to go up for this special occasion.
We left late Friday evening and got up just in time to close the bar down (where my brother is now the bartender.)

Jake and my dad went out fishing Saturday and I slept. I slept like I have never slept before. We went to bed at 2 am. and I slept until 11 the next day. Got up took the dogs for a walk, ate breakfast, took a nap for 2 hours.
I then took my show on the road and got to bartend for a few hours. (which by the way... I LOVE bartending!) And then Jake, Erik, some friends of ours, and myself went out to another bar down the way. I felt like I was "young" again!
It was wonderful to just "be"
I felt alive and energized again.

.... I got back last night and already notice a difference in myself. I'm more relaxed. I'm happier. I'm inspired again.

I had been complaining that I had no time to get out on the lake and kayak.
Well. Tonight, Kathrine and I went around the whole lake and it was perfect! We passed by loons. Fisherman. And dragonflies.
Have you ever noticed how much they look like helicopters?
... it was a great weekend spent doing nothing. I'm thankful to have been given a chance to get my feet back on the ground... just in time to hit the ground running again. Its off to a busy rest of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment