Monday, September 6, 2010

Theres a kind of hush....

Well friends.
Its that time of year.

....already?
Yep.

Alot has happend in the past month. I forgot to blog. And then some of my favorite people from back home came up to MN to visit. We had our last bash on the beach with Island Time.
We fished. We drank. We were merry!

... And then, I got engaged! Woo hoo!
Here at my home of Eagle Lake! It was beautiful. It was joyous! It was perfect!
Plans are already in place for a wedding next summer. Here. At my favorite place in the world.
Eagle Lake!


... And now, all of a sudden, its Labor Day Weekend.
Moreover, its 4 in the afternoon on Labor Day. The final guests of the year left about 3 hours ago. As they pulled out of the driveway I had to take a moment.
As I took a deep breath part of me was relieved.
As that breath exhaled I felt sad.
The next breath I took was in honor of the fall season's arrival.

This time of year is always a bittersweet feeling. I am happy to have a break and enjoy being able to walk around my house in a towel, not afraid of anyone coming up to my door. I am happy because this is my favorite season.
But I am also sad because summer is over. The time spent on the water, enjoying the sun, and company is put off until next year. It is also the time when my family goes home to Colorado.
This is the part I hate.

But there are lots of things to plan. Lots of projects to work on. And lots of beautiful colors to see while the trees change.

Deep breath in...
Deep breath out....

Its fall. Can you feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment